Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Corporate "Kool Aid" and "Living the Dream"

In August of 2006 - I'd say I was introduced to the "real world" and the idea of drinking the "Kool Aid." When I was a kid, Kool Aid was just some awesome drink that turned my mouth red and tasted damn good. In Adult life, it means you do what you have to do to make money for the machine. Whether it be selling Cutco Knives to your family and friends, hustling travel deals on the tele-marketing circuit, or just smiling when you want to kick someone in the shins - you are drinking the proverbial "Kool Aid." At work, it's not really about your hopes and dreams or what you think is the right way - it's about making the company money and keeping your bosses approval rate of you in the green.




Don't get me wrong, I don't take anyone's shit - but hey after 5 years of fighting it - sometimes you just gotta smile and know what you gotta do to get things done.

Anyways - Things are good here in the Capitol. My brother and I are working at a firm and keeping it real. We work hard, dress like i-bankers, and hope for the best. Humor is key - you can't take this shit too seriously... I am  typically a pretty low-key dude, but I recently went to the doctor and he told me my blood pressure was out of control. (I guess the Kool Aid needs some Jack, Johnny, or Jim to keep the stress level down...)

Life continues to fly by. The people here in the city are interesting, from all walks of life. I learn something new everyday - and I keep an open mind. It's good to keep an open mind. I'm not afraid of anything really. I used to be afraid of a lot of things - but hey, who cares? It will all be OK in the end.

The economy still sucks, Louisiana is heavily polluted, and 20% of America thinks Barack Obama is a Muslim! What a Circus.... After 27 years on this earth, I've learned 1 important thing: No matter what, you are guaranteed that the sun will come up tomorrow...

Keep it sunny folks - until next time...

 DC Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment